Don’t get me wrong – I’m not trying to get my daughter hitched. However, if you are a young man who can live up to Katie’s high standards, then let’s talk.
And believe me, we will talk first.
A few days ago my daughter Katie (age 20, not far from 21) sent me an email containing a list of what she wanted in a man. Unbelievably, even though she is now a senior at Bryan College, has a beautiful voice, is a fantastic photographer, and bubbles with a personality as lovely as her looks, she still has no marital prospects. Crazy, right?
What’s wrong with you guys??
Do you have, and can you do all the following?
- Has a heart that wants to serve God in every way and serves to refine my heart for Christ
- Respectful to all people and animals
- Wants to honor my family
- Respects and honors my body
- Has a love for children
- Lives a healthy lifestyle and encourages me to do the same
- Will be respectful of my dietary requirements
- Has a strong work ethic with a reasonable plan for life
- Will willingly give quality massages (primarily on feet and neck) upon request and out of self will
If you are interested in becoming my son-in-law, you’ll figure out how to get in touch with me. Then, if I think you might possibly make her happy, I’ll forward the info. She has the final word, though.
Oh! I do have a badge (so I have connections), and I firmly believe in the 2nd Amendment. Just FYI.