Listen to the Children
Believe it or not, there are many who swear that true wisdom can be found in the words of young children. Forget the need for a lifetime of experience, listen to the wisdom of those who just learned to wear pull-ups and cut their own meat.
If we did what the they wanted us to do – listen to the children – what would the world, or at least our country, be like?
* No one would ever work … except those who need to work so that others would not have to work.
* Every day would be Christmas, Halloween, and summer vacation … as long as someone else buys the gifts, provides the candy, and drives them to the beach.
* There would be peace on earth and no more wars … except when someone disrespects you or takes your candy.
* Everything should be available for the asking whenever it is wanted … as long as we don’t have to be the ones providing it for someone else.
* There would be no need for multiple television channels … only Disney, Nickelodeon, MTV, and VH1.
* Everyone would have everything they always wanted, whether they needed it, or not … and still act like brats that never get anything they want and are always mistreated.
* No one would ever eat at home, only restaurants … then complain about their weight.
* Education, if desired, would be determined by what the child thought was important … like “Queer Translation (UC Berkeley 250)” and “The Sociology of Miley Cyrus: Race, Class, Gender, and Media (Skidmore College).”
* Teachers, Doctors, Policemen, School Teachers, and Ministers would be disrespected and maligned … while movie stars, rap and rock stars, and vulgar atheletes would be deified.
* Animals would be considered equal with humans … except when it came to leather clothing and Happy Meals.
* Hate would be outlawed … unless someone disagreed with you.
* Church would be nothing but fun and games – none of that judgmental, right/wrong stuff – with cookies for all to enjoy.
Wait! Maybe the children are already in charge!