Not an Original
I am an original work of art (some just call me a “piece of work“). This post, on the other hand, is not an original idea, but one I am stealing from a fellow blogger, Chris Jordan.
Several days ago Chris wrote The Top 10 Posts on New Life. I said to myself, “Self, you should do something like that.”
Below are the top 10 most-viewed posts on The Recovering Legalist. You may be new to this blog, so take a moment and scan the titles. There may be something there worth sharing with everyone else in the world.
Make me famous and I’ll buy you a cookie.
- What to Wear to Church (People do wonder, you know)
- Appetite for Comfort (The post that made Freshly Pressed)
- Dinosaur Bones Found On the Moon (Some people still take this seriously)
- Recovering Legalist Meets Building 429 (I acted like the legalist I don’t want to be)
- Even a Trash Can (God can use anything)
- Prostitots? (My daughters are not)
- Does Divorce Disqualify? (My take on a serious issue)
- Why Be a Legalist? (Why, I ask you?)
- Was John R. Rice a Heretic? (A post about Bible translations)
- My Take on Chick-fil-A (Don’t be a hater; it’s just my opinion)
None of my “Monday Monkey” videos made it into the Top Ten. That makes me sad. Therefore, let me recommend a few of my favorites.
- Monkey at the Wheel (Episode 2) (The girl singing was actually an American Idol contestant)
- Monkey Meets Benny (Episode 14) (I get holy goose bumps watching this)
- Monkey at the Zoo (Episode 22) (What’s wrong with taking a monkey to a zoo?)
I have also done several series on The Recovering Legalist. Here is a selection of a few favorites from the archives.
- Anthony’s Appetite – “Marinated Herring” (Nasty, nasty, nasty)
- Life Lessons from the School Bus – “Try the Spirits” (It’s called humor)
- Barriers to Church Growth – “Selfish Prayer” (Serious issues we should consider)