Engage Atlanta 2013
About a month ago (April 17) I had the opportunity to attend a one-day conference in Atlanta, Georgia. It was a call for Christians to engage our communities, not run or cower. It was a time of teaching and equipping.
The conference itself was sponsored mainly by Summit Ministries, the Manhattan Declaration, and World Magazine. It was the first conference of its kind.
The keynote speakers were:
- Jeff Myers, Ph.D., President Summit Ministries
- Marvin Olasky, Editor-in-Chief, WORLD Magazine
Other speakers were:
- John Stonestreet — Speaker and Fellow, Chuck Colson Center for Christian Worldview
- Warren Smith — Associate Publisher and Editor, WORLD Magazine
- Jeff Ventrella — Senior Vice President, Alliance Defending Freedom
- Scott Klusendorf — President, Life Training Institute
- Eric Teetsel — Executive Director, Manhattan Declaration
A Non-Religious Response
One of the speakers, Eric Teetsel, gave a very compelling argument in support of heterosexual marriage – from a non-religious point of view (believe it or not, there are actual scientific reasons to oppose homosexual marriage). In this post I would like to share with you the audio from Eric’s lecture, along with a link to the slides he used.
For the Good of All: Restoring Marriage Ethic Across Society (by Eric Teetsel)
Click here to see the slides that accompanied Eric’s presentation.
I hope that you find this information useful and thought-provoking. Please, take the time and check out the other links available. They are being provided with no restrictions on sharing. Click the image below and find links to all the audio from the conference.
Note: I would like to add that I found Mr. Olasky very soft-spoken and humble. I also found Mr. Teetsel to be kind and gracious. It was an honor to be able to speak with them. Their work is very much appreciated.