Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.James 4:2 (KJV)
I’m Just Asking
Maybe you’ve done all your shopping. Maybe you only plan to purchase a few small gifts for your dearest loved ones. Maybe it’s just you and your significant other – no kids, no relatives, nobody you like at work – and you’re only getting a single gift for each other.
Whatever your situation may be, unless you are out of work and broke, I am going to ask you to consider how you can gift me with some items I would like to have.
In the above verse, James said, “You have not, because you ask not.” Evidently, people will literally start wars and kill people over “stuff” they want. I don’t want that! I want peace! That’s why I’m asking 🙂
Let’s avoid that whole global conflict nonsense, shall we?
So, if you have been looking for somebody to buy for, or if you have extra money in your investment accounts that you need to burn, please allow me to share with you some options. The following are items I would like for YOU to purchase and give to ME.
- A Watch. It doesn’t have to be too expensive, nor does it have to be a specific style; I just like watches. But if you want me to ask for specifics, sure, I can do that!
- Rolex Explorer (or pretty much any other model)
- Tudor Black Bay 58 with the metal bracelet. But of course, I’d take pretty much any Tudor watch, within reason.
- Tubes of high-quality watercolor and/or gouache paint. Have you seen the price of good paint??
- A Truck. Believe me, where I live and work …. I could really use a truck.
There ya’ go! Now you have your choice of several things you could give me because I asked. I feel better, don’t you?
Just give me a call if you have any questions about color, size, make, model, or brand. It could be like I ask, then you ask, then we both get stuff!
Cool, isn’t it?
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume [it] upon your lusts.James 4:3 (KJV)