So much has been said about “fake news” over the last couple of years, therefore I want to do everything possible to keep things real. Whatever I report will be genuinely true.
However, I’m a blogger, not a reporter, so what I offer by way of news will be limited to what’s already in the news… unless, of course, it’s about me.
And if it’s about me, you know I’m telling the truth…at least more often than CNN 😉
The Bible makes it very clear that we are not to dwell on bad news, stories of evil, and illicit nonsense meant to rot the soul. On the contrary, the Apostle Paul writes:
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. – Philippians 4:8
So, let me share with you some factual news that fits the above prescription:
- I’m loved by God, and so are you! That’s the truth!
- I’m not perfect and I’m overweight, but I’m working on it, just not enough. Just being honest.
- My recent heart problems were nobody’s fault but my own. Had I been eating better and exercising a long time ago, my arteries would not have been as clogged and I would not have had a heart attack. I got what I deserved – that was just.
- It’s good to have a wife that loves me despite my selfish and stupid ways. Her love is not predicated on my looks or my income, either. Her love for me is genuine and pure. But even though it’s pure by human standards, it’s not as pure as the love of Christ which was completely selfless and self-sacrificing.
My new little granddaughter, Emma, is a bundle of cuteness! She’s lovely!
- Hey, I have good news to report! I had a CT scan on my throat, but the lump was not cancer!
What’s been good in your life this week? What didn’t go as badly as you expected? Who still loves you despite what you’ve done or not done?
The fact is God loves you, gave his Son for you, and offers you an intimate relationship, even kinship, with Himself! Despite anything else going on in your life or in this world, knowing THAT is awesome news that rarely gets reported. You should praise Him!
Think about that!
3 responses to “Fakeless Friday Facts”
Your granddaughter is awesome cute perfection. 💘💘
Life is amazing. I am so grateful to be alive today! Although the hurricane-force bomb cyclone that hit us here in New Mexico two days ago blew sand from White Sands into Colorado and blew dirt all the way to Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, and Nebraska, turning their snow a light brown (this is according to an AccuWeather meteorologist), the bomb cyclone did NOT blow me over when I went out to get the mail. It almost did, three times, once falling forward on my face and twice I was nearly blown over onto my back, but I caught myself each time before I hit the ground.
I am very happy about that. And I am also happy that we have No Wind today. 😁
I have had no experience with that kind of sand storm. Scary.
In Louisiana Cajun “Sha BiBi. Cajun is slang, French. What a wonderful child. This is our heritage. My GreatGrand is also my heritage. My Family loves me, despite me. Our God is the Mostest Love.:)