It is Hump Day (i.e., Wednesday).
So, besides using the Paint program on my computer to draw the amateurish illustrative you see above, I have also compiled a creative collection of encouraging encouragers which may help heave your heavy heart over Hump Hill.
10 Reasons to be Glad It’s Wednesday
- At least it’s not Tuesday.
- Going uphill works muscles you use all the time; going downhill works the other ones.
- Oh, Monday is now two days in the past!
- Wednesday night is prayer night at many churches. That means tonight you can finally vent and feel spiritual at the same time.
- If you’re reading this that means your power hasn’t been shut off. Yay for you!
- People don’t like you? That’s OK! The people still liked Jesus on Wednesday, and look what happened to Him by the time Friday rolled around. It’s Wednesday, but it could be worse.
- If you like Wednesdays, it’s only 7 days (or 6, depending on your time zone) till the next one! Yippee!
- Unless you’re using it as a metaphor for impending doom, or unless you’re brakes have failed, you just fixed your hair, or there’s a swarm of bees ahead, going down hill can be fun!
- It’s easier to coast on a bicycle and yell “Look Ma! No hands!” when you’re going down a hill. Take advantage of the week winding down to lift your hands in praise! …Just be careful when you’re tempted to say: “Look at me!” Pride (and stupidity) often precedes a fall…that’ll ruin the rest of the week.
- And lastly… Sunday is that much closer! Hallelujah!!
So, HAPPY HUMP DAY! At least it’s not called “lump day,” right?