One thing about not regularly pastoring a congregation is that I get a chance to visit other churches. Last night I got to visit New Salem Baptist Church and fill in for the regular pastor, Alan Rogers.
If you’ve never done it before, filling in for another pastor can be rather fun. In other words, it’s always refreshing to preach from someone else’s pulpit when there’s no risk of you being fired. HA!
So, just in case I have many more opportunities to cover for other pastors while on vacation or at a conference, or whatever, here are some sermon ideas I’m considering. Just let me know when you want me to come preach one….(cue the maniacal BWWAAAHAHAHA!)
- “Put On that New Robe: Why Congregations Should Buy Their Pastor a New Suit“
- “Beautiful Are the Feet that Carry the Gospel: Keeping Your Pastor’s Feet Healthy and Happy In New Shoes“
- “Smite a Scorner: Ways to Deal with Gossiping In the Congregation“
- “The Hem of His Garment: Why Jesus Is Concerned With How We Dress“
- “The Holy Spirit: What Scares Baptist More than a Clinton“
- “Deacons: Who, What, When, Where, and How to Deal With Them“
- “The Pastor’s Family: Living In a Glass House with Those Who’d Love to Throw a Rock Back“
Below is a picture of me preaching at New Salem Baptist in Soddy-Daisy, TN. They had a big screen behind me, but it was not put to use when I was talking. Therefore, I did a little editing. What do you think?
Would you like to know why I HATE the devil? If so, that’ll be my next post.