I just want to illustrate how spoiled we are with a simple story.
This morning I woke up a little late and had to get ready to go to work. Because I woke up late, I didn’t have time to fix any breakfast or even a cup of coffee. That made me a little ill.
I was short with my wife, who I woke up, because I couldn’t find her purse. I needed at least a dollar or two to buy cup of coffee this morning, because, I mean, seriously, it’s going to be another two hours before I can get a cup of coffee at home. All I was asking for was a cup of coffee, not breakfast; I can eat breakfast in a couple of hours.
So, here I am, sitting on the school bus, waiting for my next route, knowing it’s going to be a couple of hours before I have a couple coffee or anything to eat and I’m ill.
How do I know I’m spoiled? I’m acting all upset when I should be thankful.
- I woke up.
- I was able to get out of bed.
- I woke up in a house, not a box.
- My wife is alive and still living with me.
- I had running water.
- I’m fully dressed.
- I have a job.
- I have a bottle of clean water to drink, which is more clean water than a lot of people see in a lifetime.
- I only have to wait two hours for a cup of coffee and some food when some people may have to wait two days.
- I’m writing all of this on an iPhone.
So, there you have it…I’m simply spoiled and ungrateful. God, please forgive me!