Thanks to Rob Stroud’s post on Mere Inkling, I had an idea…
- “I don’t know why you do that blogging stuff. It seems like such a waste of time.”
- “Don’t you have anything better to do than play on your computer?”
- “Don’t call that ministry; knocking on doors is the way to get out the word.”
- “Nonsense! I haven’t got any use for computers. They should just take ’em all out and burn ’em.”
- “Why do you spend so much time on that silly blog? Who reads it, anyway?”
- At the time of this writing, The Recovering Legalist has nearly 900 subscribers. That’s more regular attendees than 90% of churches have total members. Numbers aren’t everything, but every number represents a soul.
- If the computer was created for anything, reaching the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ should be the ultimate goal.
- Real people in real need sit in front of computer screens, so every time a person reads my blog it’s like I was invited into his or her home.
- This blog has been up and going for over three years. But since February of 2012, not even a year and a half, The Recovering Legalist has been read in at least 135 countries. Some of those countries would never let a Christian missionary cross their borders.
“And [Jesus] said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” – Mark 16:15 KJV
Christian bloggers are media missionaries. That is why I spend so much time “playing on the computer.”