Hey, guys! Just taking a moment out from some sermon prep (gotta preach to the Pakistani church at 1 a.m.) to let you know what I think about my wife.
She is the BEST WIFE EVER!
How do I know this? How can I make such a bold and absolute claim?
Because it’s the truth.
You see, it’s obvious she the best wife ever because she loves me. Not only does she love me, but she has continued to love me since June of 1996! She has loved me, remained faithful to me, and only once or twice thought about having me committed.
That’s no joke.
Proverbs 18:22 – Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
I’m the “whoso.” I might have been a so-and-so many times over the years, but my wife stuck with me.
Yesterday was her birthday. Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day (for which she was named). Do you know what she did for me? She ordered a selection of 8 high-quality cigars! Why? For my health? NO. Just because she loves me.
By the way, don’t hate on my cigars… I only have one a year, or so. One would be more likely to get cancer from a chest X-ray.
Valerie loves me, and here’s the proof:
- She cooks for me.
- She takes care of the bills (because she’s an accountant)
- She still laughs at my jokes.
- She still thinks I am handsome.
- She tells me she loves me, like ALL the time.
- She takes care of me when I’m sick or injured.
- She looks out for my best interests, even at the expense of her own.
- She never talks bad about me, not even to her mother.
- She takes notes when I preach and even thinks I should be on Blue Letter Bible! I don’t know where she gets that idea, though.
- She makes sure I take my medicine.
- She makes all my doctor appointments.
- She not only washes and dries my clothes, but she folds my underwear and puts it away.
- There’s a sparkle in her eye when she looks at me, especially when I come home.
- She loves it when I sing, especially to her.
- She loves to play games with me, even when I play to win.
- When she makes me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich she takes the time to cut it in half.
- She wishes she could be a better wife.
So, you ;may think you’ve got the best wife in the world, but I’ll support your right to be wrong.
Valerie, thank you for loving Jesus and for loving me. I love you, too.