Hey, guys! Just taking a moment out from some sermon prep (gotta preach to the Pakistani church at 1 a.m.) to let you know what I think about my wife.
She is the BEST WIFE EVER!
How do I know this? How can I make such a bold and absolute claim?
Because it’s the truth.
You see, it’s obvious she the best wife ever because she loves me. Not only does she love me, but she has continued to love me since June of 1996! She has loved me, remained faithful to me, and only once or twice thought about having me committed.
That’s no joke.
Proverbs 18:22 – Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
I’m the “whoso.” I might have been a so-and-so many times over the years, but my wife stuck with me.
Yesterday was her birthday. Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day (for which she was named). Do you know what she did for me? She ordered a selection of 8 high-quality cigars! Why? For my health? NO. Just because she loves me.
By the way, don’t hate on my cigars… I only have one a year, or so. One would be more likely to get cancer from a chest X-ray.
Valerie loves me, and here’s the proof:
- She cooks for me.
- She takes care of the bills (because she’s an accountant)
- She still laughs at my jokes.
- She still thinks I am handsome.
- She tells me she loves me, like ALL the time.
- She takes care of me when I’m sick or injured.
- She looks out for my best interests, even at the expense of her own.
- She never talks bad about me, not even to her mother.
- She takes notes when I preach and even thinks I should be on Blue Letter Bible! I don’t know where she gets that idea, though.
- She makes sure I take my medicine.
- She makes all my doctor appointments.
- She not only washes and dries my clothes, but she folds my underwear and puts it away.
- There’s a sparkle in her eye when she looks at me, especially when I come home.
- She loves it when I sing, especially to her.
- She loves to play games with me, even when I play to win.
- When she makes me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich she takes the time to cut it in half.
- She wishes she could be a better wife.
So, you ;may think you’ve got the best wife in the world, but I’ll support your right to be wrong.
Valerie, thank you for loving Jesus and for loving me. I love you, too.
6 responses to “Best Wife, EVER!”
That is very SWEET! I was thinking maybe the “sparkle in her eye” was because she had a prank to spring on you! Happy Birthday to Valerie and Happy Valentine’s day to you both! I have cards hidden in a closet for my hubby and each teenager (with candy) and I still have to write something. I wake before everyone else, so I have time. 🙂
Plus she’s beautiful! You married up friend!
Yes she definitely is!! You are a very blessed man to have such an awesome wife. You did leave out one very important reason why you know she loves you…She prays for you!
Happy Valentine’s Day to you and your amazing wife Valerie ❤
All the proof you need is that when you wake up in the morning you don’t have a bump on your head. When you question if you should close your eyes… You know.. their love is in question. I knew when my X was taking actions against me that there was a problem. LoL. unplugging the TV while I am watching it. So if you wake up with no bumps you know you are loved.