As I sit here in my study late this Saturday evening, I can’t help but think how good it is to be south of Atlanta right now!
Oh, I could have waited to drive in tonight instead of last night, and I would have not only hit the typical Atlanta traffic, but I would have run into a bunch of … there’s a lot of descriptors I’d like to use … blocking I-75.
Atlanta, what are you going to do? Your Mayor just fired a police officer who was only doing what he was trained – and justified – to do. Your Mayor just told every police officer that no matter what, it’s OK for YOU to be shot, stabbed, or seriously wounded by a criminal, but God help you if you defend yourself or the general public!
How do you plan to recruit new officers to replace the ones who are going to quit?
Are you going to hand over law enforcement to the ones who are blocking the interstate?
People are, as I type this, going flipping insane!
And, still, some of you think these times are just another walk in the revolutionary park.
“But know this: Hard times will come in the last days.
- For people will be lovers of self (“Don’t you insult me, or I’ll kill you!”),
- lovers of money (“I don’t care how much the country goes in debt, I want my stimulus!),
- boastful (Look at what I stole!),
- proud (I can do whatever I want, and you can’t stop me!),
- demeaning (Joy Behar, all history revisionists and disgracers of monuments, Lady Antebellum),
- disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, (Do I really have to go into detail for all these? It’s too depressing.)
- irreconcilable (No Justice, No Peace!),
- slanderers (the news media 24/7),
- without self-control, brutal, without love for what is good (“Hey, let’s burn everything!),
- traitors (Seriously, how many other countries could you get away with this and not end up with immediate and terminal lead poisoning?),
- reckless (Do any of these protesters have any idea what they are bringing about?),
- conceited (“I went to an expensive, liberal, private university with Communist professors, so I know better than you, even though I’ve never worked a day in my life.),
- lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God (“‘Thou shalt not steal’ doesn’t apply to me, only the cops who try to take the things I stole away from me.”),
- holding to the form of godliness but denying its power (Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, Joel Osteen, every minister of any denomination that votes for abortion, performs same-sex marriages, and approves of children having sex changes). Avoid these people. ” – 2 Timothy 3:1-5 CSB
I love being in a middle-Georgia small town where people can still use Jesus’ name in public, but, unfortunately, crap runs downhill, so what’s happening in Atlanta (and other places) will eventually make its way here.
Until then, well, I’ll keep doing what I’m doing … preaching, teaching, and equipping.
“All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. ” – 2 Timothy 3:16-17 CSB
We’ve got to maintain some sanity somewhere.