Today is my birthday! I’m excited.
Actually, I’m not as excited as I was last night, because last night was when we actually celebrated my birthday. Today I just got older.
Well, that’s not completely true. You see, my wife and daughters baked a cake for me and decorated it, but the only candles we had were a “1” and a “2.” Even if we had had 51 little candles, I would have hated blowing them out! And they would have melted the icing!
So, I decided the “1” candle would work (I had to blow out something), and that made me think…instead of turning 51, I’m starting over!
Now, if I could only live to my 20’s or 30’s I’ll be in good shape 😉
Last night my family presented me with a few gifts, and I was very pleased. Each one was evidence they had really thought about me, for each one took some thought.
And that’s the way gifts should be, you know? Gifts should give the impression you care, not that you were fulfilling an obligation.
But if money and reality were no object, I would like to add the following to my birthday present list. If any of you out there would like to check any of them off, be my guest 🙂
- One of those really nice, calfskin-covered, high-dollar new Bibles. You know, something like an Allen or a Cambridge with a wider margin for making my own notes.
- A couple of new suits that actually fit.
- A Breitling watch.
- An iPad pro.
- A ride in a WW2-era bomber or fighter.
- To drive an exotic supercar, like a Cobra, Ferrari, or Porche 911 turbo. A Dodge Demon, 2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Corvette would be nice, too.
- A trip to the holy land.
- Another mission trip either to eastern Europe or Africa.
- A Gen4 Glock
- A trip to Washington, DC, to see the new Bible Museum.
But the love of my family is worth more than any of the items on my list. Sure, the things on the list would be really cool, but I’m infinitely blessed beyond measure to have a loving wife and 3 daughters who love the Lord.
Happy birthday to me!
7 responses to “Happy Birthday to Me!”
Brother, wishing you all the best for a very happy birthday.
Blessings, grace and peace.
Happy Birthday to you Anthony. May the joy of having Jesus continue to be a great love of yours. May God grant you a few of your wish list presents as well. Now, the fun really begins.
🎼Happy Belated Birthday to yooooou!! 🎼🎉🎉
You paint AND sing?
More years ahead.