It feels like the year is already flying by and not enough has been accomplished. Too much needs to be done, and I need to be focused. This is no time to be spinning my wheels and going nowhere.
Therefore, in this post I am going to share with you something very intimate. The following is a list of my personal ministry objectives…personal goals for which I feel I’m called to strive. I would appreciate your prayers for my family and me as I remind myself of what’s important – and what’s at stake.
I’ve gotten distracted, unfortunately. Now’s the time to refocus.
My Personal Ministry Objectives
I. To bring glory to the name of Jesus Christ in all that I do (Psa. 19:14) and go through (1 Pet. 1:7).
II. To “give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine” (1 Tim. 4:13) and “to prayer, and to the ministry of the word” (Acts 6:4).
III. To be known as a humble and consistent husband and father whose household serves the Lord (Josh. 24:15; 1 Cor. 15:58); a forgiven sinner who understands grace (1 Tim. 1:15); and a fearless soldier of the Cross (Mark 8:34) who never compromises the truth (1 Tim. 4:16).
IV. To affect future generations yet to come as children are grounded, parents are strengthened, singles are emboldened, and the aged get a second wind (Josh. 4:21-24; Pro. 22:6).
V. To promote the preaching and teaching of the Gospel in every part of the world (Acts 1:8) through discipleship and missions.
Do you have any objectives? What are they?
- Psalm 19:14 – “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.”
- 1 Peter 1:7 – “That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:”
- 1 Timothy 4:13 – “Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.”
- Acts 6:4 – “But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.”
- Joshua 24:15 – “And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 – “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.”
- 1 Timothy 1:15 – “This [is] a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”
- Mark 8:34 – “And when he had called the people [unto him] with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.”
- 1 Timothy 4:16 – “Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.”
- Joshua 4:21-24 – “And he spake unto the children of Israel, saying, When your children shall ask their fathers in time to come, saying, What [mean] these stones? Then ye shall let your children know, saying, Israel came over this Jordan on dry land. For the LORD your God dried up the waters of Jordan from before you, until ye were passed over, as the LORD your God did to the Red sea, which he dried up from before us, until we were gone over: That all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it [is] mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God for ever.”
- Proverbs 22:6 – “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
- Acts 1:8 – “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”