So much has been said about the tragic murder of 9 innocent students and teachers in Roseburg, Oregon, that probably nothing I can say will be new.
However, I feel I must say something. Why not just point out a few realities?
- Innocent people were murdered.
- Innocent people are murdered every day in the womb, just not by a gun…but we can’t “politicize” that.
- The President said that “political will” was to blame for “allowing” another shooting.
- “Political will” was responsible for no one being able to shoot back.
- Most people who use guns to kill other people are not “mentally ill.”
- Most people who own guns never kill people.
- “Though shalt not kill” was too offensive to post on the front door.
- The first chapter of Romans has never been more true in America.
“Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy.” – Romans 1:28-31 NIV
Forget God, mock God, and run God out on a rail as a nation, and this is what you get – depravity. What more should we expect?
Guns don’t kill people; sinful, angry, prideful, self-centered, wicked people do.
2 responses to “Roseburg Realities”
Good stuff anthony.
I like to say that people need to be careful with all power tools: Milwaukee sawzalls, Makita drills, Craftsman dremmels, Stihl chain saws, and of course Ruger 270’s bolt action 😉
Great post, brother! Always praying for this nation.