I have dreams…
Really, I do! And that is a good thing. Even though I just turned 44, which is 4 years over-the-hill and that much closer to assuming room temperature, I can still dream of things I would like to do while on this earth.
Now, there are some things on my list, or in my bucket, or however you want to say it, that could be considered serious and profound. On the other hand, there are some things that I would like to do, see, or acquire that are purely for fun. Check out the list below and see if you can tell which ones are realistic, serious, or just plain crazy.
I would like to…
- be the next Billy Graham
- fly in a vintage WW2 and/or jet-age fighter (especially a Spitfire or F86 Sabre)
- drive a Shelby Cobra, a 1971 Jaguar E-type, a Ferrari, and a 007-like Aston Martin DB5
I would also like to…
- see one politician act like Jimmy Stewart in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
- see prayer allowed in schools
- see someone pray, like Daniel, in the public arena despite the threats of prosecution
- see Ronald Reagan come back from the dead and say, “Everybody get off the stage, cause I’m running again.” Of course, I would be happy to see Lincoln, or Jefferson, or even JFK do the same.
- hear one American president tell terrorist-sponsoring nations, “We’ve been nice with our ‘smart bombs,’ but we could go back to the way we did things in the 1940’s…ever heard of carpet bombing?”
I dream of going to…
I would love to meet…
- A sitting president (two, if Obama was included)
- Billy Graham
- Rush Limbaugh (sorry, folks, I’m a conservative)
- Lindsey Lohan (just to tell her there’s a better way to live)
- Justin Bieber (to give me street cred with the middle-school set)
- Roger Whittaker (and take my little girl, who is a huge fan)
- A real stay-at-home mom (or dad) who made a fortune with a work-from-home business they heard about on a commercial.
- Mel Gibson (to tell him that God still loves him)
- a Stradivarius
- like Tommy Emmanuel (please watch), Chet Atkins, Eric Clapton, or B.B. King
- a game of chess with a computer – and win
- the lottery (with money I found) – and win
- a minor part in a movie with Sean Connery, Sylvester Stallone, and Arnold Schwarzenegger
- In front of Simon Cowell and hear him say, “Others may have the X factor, but you have the ‘WOW’ factor! Paula, don’t you agree?…Paula…Paula?…”
- the ability to fly at will
- a new suit that fits
- Logos Bible Software (Platinum Edition) and a computer to run it.
- a cheeseburger that doesn’t make me fat
- hot dogs that tree-huggers wouldn’t complain about
But most of all, when all is said and done, my greatest wish, my greatest dream, is to hear God the Father say, “Well done, my good and faithful servant.” Everything else – the memories of what I did, the places I saw, the people I met, the things I owned – will pass or fade away. And that’s OK, because nothing will compare to the glory that awaits in the presence of my Savior, Jesus Christ.
In the meantime, if you happen to own a 427 Cobra, or extra tickets to the Holy Land, you could make a dream come true…call me anytime.
7 responses to “My Dream (Bucket) List”
I too have the dream to go to Narnia one day . . . 🙂
Nope. That all sounds rather legit. And Narnia is a part of Heaven. Trust me. I said so.
And I’m waiting for Aslan to return.
Anthony Psalm 57:2
Sent from iPhone.
Nice list–how about Krispy Kreme doughnuts that don’t make us fat to go along with the hamburger.
You know, I don’t know why I didn’t think of that? The hot ones, especially! They would have zero calories 🙂
Anthony Psalm 57:2
Sent from iPhone.
“see prayer allowed in schools”
Good news you can take that one off on your list. People can pray in school any time they want. You just cant have teachers leading mandatory prayer times during school hours and at public school functions. If your belief and religion is so weak that you need the government to mandate when your children pray you can always enroll them in Private schools or move to Iran.
“see someone pray, like Daniel, in the public arena despite the threats of prosecution”
Texas Governor Perry has got you covered.
“hear one American president tell terrorist-sponsoring nations, “We’ve been nice with our ‘smart bombs,’ but we could go back to the way we did things in the 1940′s…ever heard of carpet bombing?””
So we should start deliberately killing innocent people? You know that’s what the terrorists do right?
“see Ronald Reagan come back from the dead and say…”
And the GOP would immediately label Regan a Liberal.
For the record, I am not for mandated prayer. I don’t live in Iran.
Also, with regards to carpet bombing and killing innocents, I would hate to see that have to happen. But what I dream of at times is someone actually reminding the terrorists that if they were fighting the Unites States military of 60+ years ago, things would be a lot more brutal. Precisely because we do not want innocents hurt, we use smart technology to target the enemy. So, the point is that I get disgusted with those who say we (Americans) love to kill innocent civilians, when if we wanted to, we could obliterate whole countries with the push of a red button. In other words, the terrorists shacked up in places like Iraq and Iran should be happy it is not 1945.