I have dreams…
Really, I do! And that is a good thing. Even though I just turned 46, which is 6 years over-the-hill and that much closer to assuming room temperature, I can still dream of things I would like to do while on this earth.
There are some things on my list, or in my bucket, or however you want to say it, that are serious, even profound. On the other hand, there are some things that I would like to do, see, or acquire that are purely for fun.
Check out the list below and see if you can tell which ones are realistic, serious, or just plain crazy.
I would like to…
- be the best dad ever in the history of the world
- fly in a vintage WW2 and/or jet-age fighter (especially a Spitfire or F86 Sabre)
- drive a Shelby Cobra, a 1971 Jaguar E-type, a Ferrari, and a 007-like Aston Martin DB5
I would also like to…
- see one politician act like Jimmy Stewart in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
- see prayer allowed in schools
- see someone pray, like Daniel, in the public arena despite the threats of prosecution
- see Ronald Reagan come back from the dead and say, “Everybody get off the stage, cause I’m running again.” Of course, I would be happy to see Lincoln, or Jefferson, or even JFK do the same.
- hear one American president tell terrorist-sponsoring nations, “We’ve been nice with our ‘smart bombs,’ but we could go back to the way we did things in the 1940′s…ever heard of carpet bombing?”
I dream of going to…
I would love to meet…
- A sitting president (two, if Obama was included)
- Billy Graham
- Rush Limbaugh (sorry, folks, I’m a conservative)
- Lindsey Lohan (just to tell her there’s a better way to live)
- Justin Bieber (and ask, “What is your deal, dude?”)
- Roger Whittaker (and take my little girl, who is a huge fan)
- A real stay-at-home mom (or dad) who made a fortune with a work-from-home business they heard about on a commercial.
- Mel Gibson (to tell him that God still loves him)
- a Stradivarius
- like Tommy Emmanuel (please watch), Chet Atkins, Eric Clapton, or B.B. King
- a game of chess with a computer – and win
- the lottery (with money I found) – and win
- a minor part in a movie with Sean Connery, Sylvester Stallone, and Arnold Schwarzenegger
- In front of Simon Cowell and hear him say, “Others may have the X factor, but you have the ‘WOW’ factor!”
- an iPhone 6, or whatever they call it
- the ability to fly at will
- a new suit that fits
- a cheeseburger that doesn’t make me fat
- hot dogs that tree-huggers wouldn’t complain about
But most of all, when all is said and done, my greatest wish, my greatest dream, is to hear God the Father say, “Well done, my good and faithful servant.” Everything else – the memories of what I did, the places I saw, the people I met, the things I owned – will pass or fade away. And that’s OK, because nothing will compare to the glory that awaits in the presence of my Savior, Jesus Christ.
In the meantime, if you happen to own a 427 Cobra, or extra tickets to the Holy Land, you could make a dream come true…call me anytime.