What is the point of this site? It is pretty simple – combat legalism and legalistic thought within the body of Christ with the Truth that can be found through a faithful study of Scripture and a healthy use of common sense.
There are so many areas of life that can be negatively affected by the Pharisaical attitude called “legalism.” Many have lived oppressed lives, never tasting the sweetness of grace. Many have gone to their graves never having the chance to question man-made laws that kept them bound. Many today cower under the authoritarian, dictatorial power wielded by the “faithful” that are “right with God.” This site will offer the opportunity for anyone to discuss
- what is legalistic and what is not;
- what the Bible demands by way of holiness, and what it does not;
- various interpretations of certain controversial Scripture passages;
- practical ways in which to live a life of grace without fear;
- and how to live free without being a snare to a “weaker brother.”
Any and all comments, as long as they are respectful, will be welcome. Dialogue is the key, not silence brought about by fear or intimidation.